Show Comments ▼ Tuesday 8 March 2011 8:58 pm whatsapp Tags: NULL whatsapp DEUTSCHE Telekom has held talks with larger rival Sprint Nextel over a potential sale of T-Mobile USA in exchange for a 50 per cent stake each in the combined company, sources said yesterday. The company has made no secret of the fact that it has held talks with smaller companies such as Clearwire and Harbinger-backed start-up LightSquared about a potential spectrum deal with its US operation, T-Mobile USA.Deutsche Telekom is open to all options in the US, chief financial officer Timotheus Hoettges said in an email. Hoettges said the operator was not pressed for time, although the company acknowledged earlier that it needs access to more wireless spectrum in coming years for data services.T-Mobile USA, ranked a distant fourth in the U.S. mobile market, and Sprint, the No. 3 U.S. operator, declined to comment on deal talks.A deal with Sprint would create a much bigger third U.S. mobile provider to compete with the dominant operators Verizon Wireless and AT&T Inc Share Read This NextRicky Schroder Calls Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl ‘Ignorant Punk’ forThe WrapCNN’s Brian Stelter Draws Criticism for Asking Jen Psaki: ‘What Does theThe WrapDid Donald Trump Wear His Pants Backwards? Kriss Kross Memes Have AlreadyThe WrapPink Floyd’s Roger Waters Denies Zuckerberg’s Request to Use Song in Ad:The WrapHarvey Weinstein to Be Extradited to California to Face Sexual AssaultThe Wrap2 HFPA Members Resign Citing a Culture of ‘Corruption and Verbal Abuse’The Wrap’The View’: Meghan McCain Calls VP Kamala Harris a ‘Moron’ for BorderThe Wrap’Black Widow’ First Reactions: ‘This Is Like the MCU’s Bond Movie’The Wrap’Small Axe’: Behind the Music Everyone Grooved On in Steve McQueen’sThe Wrap Deutsche Telekom, Sprint eye US tie-up KCS-content
EC to probe Ladbrokes’ Belgian virtual sports rights Email Address The European Commission (EC) has launched an investigation into the Belgian Gaming Commission’s decision to allow GVC Holdings’ Ladbrokes brand to offer virtual sports in the country, while refusing similar requests from other licensees.The probe has begun following complaints from two gaming operators, lodged in March 2019, that claimed the exclusivity granted to the brand amounted to illegal state aid.Ladbrokes, which operates 300 betting shops throughout Belgium via the GVC subsidiary Darby, has offered virtual sports in its retail estate since February 2014, and online since March 2015.However, at this time there was no defined regulatory framework for virtuals, and this was used to justify rejecting requests from rival operators to add the games to their portfolios between 2015 and 2016.Despite saying to these businesses that they could not offer virtuals until specific regulations were developed, the Belgian Gaming Commission allowed Ladbrokes to continue offering the games. It was not until 2017 that a more concrete plan was put in place to regulate virtuals, treating them as a form of slot game in retail outlets, and limiting losses to €12.50 per hour.This, the complainants allege, amounted to an exclusive right to the vertical, without any financial returns to the Belgian state.“The measure may have distorted competition and the Commission has doubts that it complies with EU State aid rules,” the EC said. “The Commission will now investigate further to determine whether its initial concerns are confirmed.”The Belgian state, the complainants and other interested parties will now be invited to submit comments on the case to support the inquiry. Casino & games The European Commission has launched an investigation into the Belgian Gaming Commission’s decision to allow GVC Holdings’ Ladbrokes brand to offer virtual sports in the country, while refusing similar requests from other licensees. 3rd September 2020 | By contenteditor Topics: Casino & games Legal & compliance Sports betting Slots Tags: OTB and Betting Shops Slot Machines Regions: Europe Western Europe Belgium Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB.ke) listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange under the Banking sector has released it’s 2016 interim results for the half year.For more information about Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB.ke) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB.ke) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB.ke) 2016 interim results for the half year.Company ProfileKenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB Bank) is a financial services institution in Kenya offering products and services to the commercial sector. The banking group offers a full-service offering for commercial and corporate clients and runs an Agency banking model. Its parent company, KCB Group, was founded as a branch of the National Bank of India in Mombasa. Grindlays Bank merged with the National Bank of India in 1958 to form the National & Grindlays Bank. The government of Kenya bought a 60% stake in National & Grindlays Bank and took full control of it in 1970; renaming it Kenya Commercial Group. It was renamed KCB Bank Kenya after a corporate restructure. KCB Bank Kenya is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the KCB Group. Its head office is in Nairobi, Kenya. Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange
Rector Knoxville, TN Associate Priest for Pastoral Care New York, NY Submit a Press Release Rector Shreveport, LA Tags Rector Collierville, TN COVID-19, The Church Pension Fund Invests $20 Million in Impact Investment Fund Designed to Preserve Workforce Housing Communities Nationwide Church Pension Group Curate (Associate & Priest-in-Charge) Traverse City, MI This Summer’s Anti-Racism Training Online Course (Diocese of New Jersey) June 18-July 16 Rector Bath, NC Anglican Communion, Virtual Celebration of the Jerusalem Princess Basma Center Zoom Conversation June 19 @ 12 p.m. ET [Anglican Journal] Theological colleges across Canada have adapted their teaching models to the COVID-19 pandemic as online and remote learning become the new norm.In seminaries that previously offered online programs, faculty and students were able to quickly make the shift to internet-based learning. An April survey by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) — which, according to its website, has 270 member institutions in the United States and Canada — found that among 237 schools that responded, those offering online degrees beforehand were better able to make the shift to remote learning.Read the entire article here. Director of Music Morristown, NJ Episcopal Migration Ministries’ Virtual Prayer Vigil for World Refugee Day Facebook Live Prayer Vigil June 20 @ 7 p.m. ET Rector Martinsville, VA In-person Retreat: Thanksgiving Trinity Retreat Center (West Cornwall, CT) Nov. 24-28 Theological Education Canon for Family Ministry Jackson, MS Rector Albany, NY Curate Diocese of Nebraska Episcopal Charities of the Diocese of New York Hires Reverend Kevin W. VanHook, II as Executive Director Episcopal Charities of the Diocese of New York Rector Tampa, FL Canadian seminaries expand remote learning as pandemic continues Join the Episcopal Diocese of Texas in Celebrating the Pauli Murray Feast Online Worship Service June 27 Assistant/Associate Priest Scottsdale, AZ Director of Administration & Finance Atlanta, GA Bishop Diocesan Springfield, IL Missioner for Disaster Resilience Sacramento, CA Cathedral Dean Boise, ID By Matt GardnerPosted Oct 7, 2020 New Berrigan Book With Episcopal Roots Cascade Books Rector Pittsburgh, PA Family Ministry Coordinator Baton Rouge, LA Submit an Event Listing Assistant/Associate Rector Washington, DC AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to PrintFriendlyPrintFriendlyShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailShare to MoreAddThis Associate Rector for Family Ministries Anchorage, AK Priest Associate or Director of Adult Ministries Greenville, SC Rector (FT or PT) Indian River, MI Featured Jobs & Calls Course Director Jerusalem, Israel Rector and Chaplain Eugene, OR Rector Hopkinsville, KY Rector Washington, DC Youth Minister Lorton, VA Featured Events An Evening with Presiding Bishop Curry and Iconographer Kelly Latimore Episcopal Migration Ministries via Zoom June 23 @ 6 p.m. ET Rector/Priest in Charge (PT) Lisbon, ME Rector Smithfield, NC Assistant/Associate Rector Morristown, NJ Priest-in-Charge Lebanon, OH Ya no son extranjeros: Un diálogo acerca de inmigración Una conversación de Zoom June 22 @ 7 p.m. ET Rector Belleville, IL Submit a Job Listing Remember Holy Land Christians on Jerusalem Sunday, June 20 American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem Associate Rector Columbus, GA Inaugural Diocesan Feast Day Celebrating Juneteenth San Francisco, CA (and livestream) June 19 @ 2 p.m. PT TryTank Experimental Lab and York St. John University of England Launch Survey to Study the Impact of Covid-19 on the Episcopal Church TryTank Experimental Lab The Church Investment Group Commends the Taskforce on the Theology of Money on its report, The Theology of Money and Investing as Doing Theology Church Investment Group Press Release Service Seminary of the Southwest announces appointment of two new full time faculty members Seminary of the Southwest
Man charged with assaulting, choking wife By admin – May 23, 2018 Bryan Indalecio Casas-Islas Police charged a man Sunday after he reportedly began choking his wife and pushed her head against the wall.Officers were called about a domestic disturbance around 1:40 a.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of W. 15th St., where they made contact with the 25-year-old victim and her husband, 23-year-old Bryan Indalecio Casas-Islas, an Odessa Police Department news release stated.Casas-Islas reportedly grabbed his wife by the neck and threw her on the bed after an argument, the release detailed. He then pushed her against the wall before grabbing her by the neck and throwing her onto the bed again, and then choked his wife to the point of not breathing and pushed her head against the wall.Police charged Casas-Islas with assault by strangulation, a third-degree felony.Jail records show the suspect was taken to the Ector County Detention Center Sunday and released Monday on a $50,000 bond. Facebook Local NewsCrime Pinterest Twitter Previous articleOncor warns against scammersNext articleOPD: Woman assaulted ex-boyfriend with cross admin Pinterest WhatsApp Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
Google+ An area just off Letterkenny’s Lower Main Street remains sealed off this morning following the discovery of a body last evening.The body, believed to be that of a man in his 30s, was found at about 5pm, in an alleyway beside Riverside View.A technical examination of the scene is continuing, and the man’s body has been removed to Letterkenny Universty Hosipital.A post mortem expected to be held today will determine the direction of the investigation. Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Facebook Pinterest By News Highland – January 27, 2020 Publicans in Republic watching closely as North reopens further WhatsApp Google+ AudioHomepage BannerNews Twitter Pinterest PM to take place on body found in Letterkenny WhatsApp Previous articleINTO to quiz Donegal candidates on commitment to educationNext articleDerry security alert declared a hoax News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Renewed calls for full-time Garda in Kilmacrennan Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Twitter Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA
Written by FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailCEDAR CITY, Utah-Southern Utah University men’s tennis announced the signing of Elon transfer Salvador Mijares Friday.SUU men’s tennis head coach Sadhaf Pucher confirmed he was pleased with the signing saying [Mijares] “has impressive results across his profile.”Mijares, a product from Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela, will be a senior for the Thunderbirds and last year, in his junior campaign, he went 8-8 in singles play for the Phoenix of the Colonial Athletic League.For the Phoenix, he regularly played in the #4 spot for singles and #2 for doubles (in doubles, he and his partner, Neal Port, went 11-5).Elon was a top 75 program in Division I last season while he and Port, in the preseason, were ranked as the #42 duo nationally.While with the Phoenix, Mijares also earned 2017 Second-team All-CAA honors for both singles and doubles and was a part of the CAA doubles team of the week.He was also successful in Intercollegiate Tennis Association regionals as he reached the quarterfinals in doubles and vanquished a solid North Carolina Tar Heels squad in the round of 16. June 22, 2018 /Sports News – Local SUU Men’s Tennis Announces Signing of Salvador Mijares Tags: CAA/Elon Phoenix/Sadhaf Pucher/Salvador Mijares/SUU Men’s Tennis/Venezuela Brad James
Mike Nicholson, Head of Admissions for the University of Oxford, has criticised the government’s proposed A-level reform scheme in a speech at a conference in LondonUnder these government plans, all A-levels will be sat in a linear fashion, with AS levels remaining a stand-alone qualification. Nicholson believes such changes will hinder people from disadvantaged backgrounds in applying to and getting into Oxford.In his speech, Nicholson, described the changes as, “another great example of the Government’s tendency to meddle in things they should probably really leave alone.” He highlighted how there was concern from both the secondary and higher education sectors about how reforms to GCSEs and A-levels occurring at the same time could have “tragic consequences” for widening access to Oxford. Improving access is something he has very much supported since joining Oxford.He told the forum A-level change was not a necessity due to “limited evidence” supporting it. Commenting on the linearization of A-levels and access efforts, he said, “the loss of AS levels will have tragic consequences for widening participation and access to university. AS levels are excellent because they give students a very clear indication of what they are capable of achieving. The real danger is students will plough on believing that they may not be capable of applying to a highly selective course – but equally (others) believing that they are capable of applying to a highly selective and competitive course.”In a more recent development, Education Minister Liz Truss has responded to the speech by writing an open letter to Oxford University, in which she defends the government’s changes from an academic and access perspective. She commented that the plans were “encouraging core academic subjects”, reversing the Curriculum 2000 changes, and went on to say, “We’re making changes not because we feel like it – but because qualifications have gradually eroded in value, debased by endless modules, resits and ever-rising pass rates.”These changes had seen the integration of AS into A-levels, and resulted in less students choosing to study what are traditionally considered to be more academic subjects. For example, following the changes the number of students studying maths dropped by twenty percent in a single year. Truss praised the government for increasing language entry significantly, and asked whether students doing chemistry, history and languages – the most valuable and respected subjects according to her – were to be frowned upon. She claimed that the plans enhanced the prospects of those from lower incomes by giving them the option to study more academic subjects.However, many sources support the view as put forward by Nicholson and the University of Oxford. The university’s official position is that, “Along with other universities, we have expressed concerns about the impact of removing AS levels in the consultations on proposed qualifications reforms in England.”Rachel Pickering, OUSU Vice-President for Access and Academic Affairs, very much agrees. She said, “We still don’t know what the impact of the £9K fee has been on undergraduate access, let alone what effect scrapping AS levels could have on participation in higher education from disadvantaged groups. “I agree with Mike Nicholson that recent government plans to reform A-levels – making them linear and leaving AS Levels a stand-alone qualification – could have tragic consequences for widening participation efforts.“AS Levels allow students a clear indication of what they then can achieve at A-level, helping them to make an informed choice as they apply to higher education institutions and aiding progression of those from disadvantaged backgrounds to higher education.”Stephen Purkess, a first year Oxford student, agreed, commenting that his AS grades were what motivated him to consider Oxford.However, another first year student claimed that changes wouldn’t have affected their decision to apply, and believed the changes would increase the number applying to Oxford as many students are disappointed with their AS level results and therefore didn’t apply.