Goldman highlights vaccine approval stock plays as more good news boosts markets

first_img“We expect vaccine approval and distribution will serve as a catalyst for the trade and will drive positive EPS revisions in many of the hardest-hit industries and most virus exposed companies,” Kostin said in a note.The Pfizer vaccine development sparked a market rotation into value stocks and out of growth names last week, and the shift is slated to accelerate on Monday with Moderna’s news. Investors piled into companies that would benefit from an economic comeback next year while dumping high-flying technology shares which held up during the pandemic.Goldman screened the S&P 500 for companies whose earnings estimates still significantly lag their pre-pandemic levels. The bank believes these names could see a drastic rebound in profit expectations and have the potential to lead the market gains. – Advertisement – Governor Andrew Cuomo announced today a purposed plan to convert dormitories and a hotel into temporary hospital rooms like the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge.Justin Heiman | Getty Images (This story is for CNBC Pro subscribers only.)More positive news on the vaccine front is set to send stocks higher on Monday, especially names tied to an economic reopening. For investors looking to ride the big vaccine-driven rally, Goldman Sachs has a basket of deep value stocks poised to benefit the most.David Kostin, the bank’s chief U.S. equity strategy, advised clients to own tactical positions in value stocks amid the promising vaccine news. Moderna said Monday preliminary trial data showed its coronavirus vaccine was more than 94% effective, following Pfizer’s announcement last week saying its vaccine candidate is over 90% successful in preventing the virus.- Advertisement –center_img – Advertisement – – Advertisement –last_img read more

Prime office rents falling across Europe

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Odion Ighalo reveals class message from Arsenal legend Nwankwo Kanu after Manchester United move

first_imgAdvertisement Metro Sport ReporterSunday 12 Apr 2020 4:25 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link9.3kShares Odion Ighalo reveals class message from Arsenal legend Nwankwo Kanu after Manchester United move Advertisement Commentcenter_img FIFA and WHO team up to give you five ways to tackle spread of coronavirusTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 1:43FullscreenFIFA and WHO team up to give you five ways to tackle spread of coronavirushttps://metro.co.uk/video/fifa-team-five-ways-tackle-spread-coronavirus-2131812/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Ighalo’s good form could see United try and make his loan move permanent, and the striker has revealed that Kanu gave him some useful advice that helped him seize his opportunity.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘He sent me a congratulations message when I signed for Man United and he just advised me to keep working hard,’ Ighalo said on a Periscope live chat with Juliet Bawuah.‘He said I’m going to surprise so many people that didn’t give me the benefit of the doubt of coming into that team.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors‘He said that he saw me doing well there, but I should work hard and believe in myself – don’t let talk from other people distract me. So it’s a good one.’Speaking about the pressures of playing for a club like United, Ighalo continued: ‘Manchester United is a big club, there will always be pressure to do well. The Nigerian football legend had some important words of advice (Pictures: Getty)Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo has revealed that he received a message of support from Nigerian football icon Nwankwo Kanu after he made his loan move to Old Trafford.Ighalo’s loan from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua on deadline day in January was dubbed a ‘panic buy’ by many critics, though the former Watford forward made an instant impact.The 30-year-old bagged four goals in all competitions before the season was suspended due to the coronavirus crisis, including a stunning strike in the Europa League against LASK. Ighalo was brought in to provide cover and competition and did exactly that (Picture: Getty)‘They want to win every game, they want to contest for every title, they want to do well and especially we want to end this season in the first four to qualify for the Champions League.‘Trying to win the Europa League, the FA Cup is there. So you feel that little bit of pressure, “this game we have to win”.’Ighalo’s loan stay at Old Trafford is due to expire at the end of May and Shanghai are believed to be playing hardball over renewal talks, insisting that United will need to pay around £15million to keep the forward.MORE: Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo explains why he preferred Ruud van Nistelrooy over Robin van PersieMORE: Odion Ighalo plays down his bust-up with Troy Deeney during Watford’s defeat at Manchester UnitedFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.last_img read more

Real Estate: FNQ regions compared for investment returns

first_img Australia’s hottest house MORE NEWS Couple paid $3.2M for property to demolishWin a $4.2M beach house Tablelands homes enjoyed a 10.5 per cent growth in equity in the last 12 monthsFar North homebuyers considering a change of scenery are already looking to Cairns’ outer suburbs, but for those who don’t mind highway cruising, here is how real estate in the regional local government areas stacks up. A common indicator of a strong real estate market is a region’s capital growth, and among the four main local government areas outside Cairns — Douglas, Mareeba, Tablelands and Cassowary Coast — there is one clear winner, according to realestate.com.au data. In the past 12 months, property prices rose by 15.3 per cent in the Cassowary Coast, where 278 houses sold at a median price of $275,000. Houses in this region tended to stay on the market for an average of 291 days, while ­investors collected a median rent of $315 at a 5.96 per cent yield rate. At Tablelands, homeowners also enjoyed gains in equity with a 10.5 per cent price rise to a median of $335,000 after 252 houses sold. Investors were slightly worse off than the Cassowary Coast with a median rent of $350, yielding at 5.42 per cent. Nearby, Mareeba homeowners suffered a -2 per cent change with 188 houses selling at a median price of $357,000. However, those in the rental game enjoyed median ­returns of $375 at 5.45 per cent. More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms2 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns2 days agoThe Douglas Shire reported no change in median price in the past 12 months after 121 houses were sold in the region at a median of $480,000. However, the popular holiday and tourist destination saw the bulk of its activity through the sales of units. In the past 12 months, the median price of units rose 15.4 per cent to $285,000 after 157 were sold. Investors in Douglas Shire units were well off, collecting a median rent of $330 at 6.02 per cent. The closest area for unit competition was the Cassowary Coast, where only 44 units sold but a 27.4 per cent change in median price occurred, and landlords collected $248 in rent at 6.16 per cent. As a comparison, Cairns reported a 1.2 per cent increase in median price from 2052 house sales over the past year. The median price was $420,000, and the median rent was $440 at 5.45 per cent.last_img read more

‘Shabu’ worth P50-K seized in buy-bust

first_imgBACOLOD CITY – Suspected shabu weighing about four grams valued at around P50,000 was confiscated in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Singcang-Airport. An antidrug officer inspects items recovered from Jovy Treyes. Treyes was nabbed after he sold a sachet of suspected shabu to a poseur-buyer in an entrapment operation in Barangay Singcang-Airport, Bacolod City. POLICE STATION 8/ BCPO Treyes was caught after he allegedly sold a sachet of shabu to an undercover officer for P200 around 10 p.m. on Saturday. The 36-year-old Jovy Treyes of Barangay Taculing yielded the suspected illegal drugs, police said. The suspect was detained in the custodial facility of Silay City police station, facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PNlast_img read more

Man caught ‘stealing’ gas range

first_imgBACOLOD City – For allegedly stealing agas range, a man was nabbed in Barangay Zone 12-A, Talisay City, NegrosOccidental. The suspect was identified as residentRommel Lobrido, a police report showed. The suspect was detained in the lockup cellof the Talisay City police station, facing theft charges./PN Lobrido’s arrest came after the47-year-old resident Allen Yandog reported to the police that his gas rangeworth P35,000 was missing. According to police investigation, Yandogcaught Lobrido in the act carting away the gas range around 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 26,the report added.last_img read more

Why I accepted Super Eagles job despite pay cut — Rohr

first_imgGernot Rohr has explained that the current global economic meltdown forced him accept pay cut in his new contract as the Super Eagles coach.Rohr’s current contract runs out at the end of June and both parties are keen to continue their working relationship, which started in 2016. “I never talk about my contract in public, as you know,” he told ESPN. “But I heard like everybody what was said by President [Amaju] Pinnick, that I have to accept to be paid in naira, and I have to be resident in Nigeria.“I agree to these two things, and even I agree to have a lower salary.“I am not doing my job for money.“I am doing my job because I like it.“Because we have built a team like you know, and money is not the most important. “But I also have to look after my assistants.“I accept because I think that my mission in Nigeria is not finished yet, and I know very well my players.“I know very well the officials.“We are now just like a family, and I think it is good to continue, especially in this period now where it is difficult to change, to travel, to see new people.”Rohr’s answer to the proposal goes with amendments, and he awaits the response of the Nigeria Football Federation to it. While he waits, the 66-year-old said he has two job offers he has not replied to, pending the final draft of his Nigeria contract.He said: “If the answer I give with some little changes in my contract is positive, I will continue.“If not, I have to see what they give me because I have still the requests from two other federations.“I received it – they are waiting for my answer – but I will take my time to give the NFF to make the final draft before I answer them.”RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians With football activities ground to a halt due to the coronavirus pandemic, Fifa has been helping federations and clubs with their financial support, donating $150 million as the first step of a relief plan to help member associations.Rohr, on his part, confirmed slashing his salary for three months as support for the NFF during this period.“Of course, everybody at the moment has an obligation to understand that there are no matches,” he said.“Clubs and federations have problems with money, even if they have assistance from Fifa or Uefa, but everybody has to be ready to make sacrifices.“So I already told NFF that in the months from April to June, we are agreed to cut our salaries, which is also a sign of solidarity.”Tags: CoachCOVID-19Gernot RohrGlobal EconomySalary cutSuper Eagleslast_img read more

Pardew dismisses Rooney claims

first_img A report on the Sports Direct news website, which is linked to club owner Mike Ashley’s business, this week claimed preliminary talks had already taken place with the 27-year-old’s future at Manchester United uncertain after he handed in a transfer request. The story was quickly retracted and Pardew is not expecting the club to renew its interest in Rooney after making a failed £25million bid for him when he was a teenager. Pardew said: “When Demba [Ba] went in January and we didn’t secure [Loic] Remy, it was obvious that we were going to need to bring in a striker or two in this summer window, and hopefully we can.” He added: “But Rooney won’t be one of them, 100 per cent, I can assure you.” Pardew knows the inevitable inquest is unlikely to be pleasant after a campaign of serious under-achievement for which blame will be apportioned accordingly, but asked what his message to Ashley would be, he was swift to respond. He said: “My message is purely that we need to just find some round pegs for a couple of round holes that we need to fill in this team. “If we get that right, I think we will be okay. But I do think we need to add a little bit more experience of the level we are at. “We have got some fantastic players here. We haven’t had the consistency this year and the continuity that we had the year before. “But without the Europa League next year, we will and if you look at our squad, we have still got some very, very good players and if we get the recruitment right, then we could be a force next year.” Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has laughed off claims that he will try to sign England striker Wayne Rooney this summer.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Shaw sees similarities in captains

first_imgFormer England lock Simon Shaw detects similarities in the leadership of Chris Robshaw and Paul O’Connell as the rival captains prepare to collide in Dublin on Sunday. The Aviva Stadium will host the title showdown between the only two remaining unbeaten teams in the RBS 6 Nations, with bookmakers viewing Ireland as marginal favourites. Even at 35, O’Connell remains the reigning champions’ heartbeat and Shaw is an admirer having played against the Irish talisman and under him over two brutal Tests for the 2009 Lions. Shaw, who won 71 England caps from 1996 to 2011 and played in the Grand Slam-denying 24-8 rout in Dublin four years ago, believes the key to success on Sunday will be how successfully the early Irish onslaught is weathered. “The game will be won up-front. Ireland will want to impose themselves in the first 20-30 minutes and get points on the board as quickly as possible,” Shaw said. “It’s about staying cool. When we went to Dublin in 2011 far too many people tried to do something different, trying to have an affect on the game on their own. “Ben Youngs had a rough day because he let Ireland get under his skin. He was rattled by the whole occasion. “When the pressure comes on in that first quarter, you must stay cool, but England have already shown that composure against Wales in this competition. “England have shown real steel in this tournament, especially in the pack, but they have also shown what they’re capable of out wide. The title winners will come out of these two teams.” * Simon Shaw was speaking on behalf of QBE, the Business Insurance Specialist, official insurance partner of England Rugby Press Association But Shaw insists Robshaw is building a strong reputation of his own with England under Stuart Lancaster cast in his image. “Paul’s work-rate is absolutely phenomenal,” said Shaw on behalf of QBE, the Business Insurance Specialist. “Paul might not make massive yardage or make the biggest hits, but he’s always there screaming at the scrum-half for ball and that enthusiasm from the captain brings the team through. “Robshaw is similar in that sense for England. He might not say a massive amount nor be a showy player, but he’s one of those players for whom his team-mates would run through a brick wall. “Robshaw had an edgy start as captain three years ago. Early on there were doubts over him not just as a leader, but also over whether he merited the number seven shirt. But he’s proved himself to everyone. “In virtually every game he’s top of the stats. He’s showing the steely determination and work ethic that runs through the side as a whole and it’s because of him that those strengths have become a characteristic of this England team. “Captaincy is not necessarily what you say or rousing speeches, it’s what you do on the pitch and the respect you have from your peers. “Paul O’Connell combines the two very well because he is a fine speaker but also a leader of men in terms of what he does on the pitch. Robshaw is the type of captain who leads the way.” last_img read more

Plan for Kentucky Derby eliminates general admission tickets

first_imgPlan for Kentucky Derby eliminates general admission tickets Associated Press Churchill Downs President Kevin Flanery said the plan meets or exceeds recommended state and local guidelines. He added, “we’ll make adjustments all the way up to Derby Day as we find ways to improve and continue to adhere to ever-evolving best practices.”A 62-page plan released Wednesday cited “current circumstances” in eliminating general admission and closing the infield. Refunds will be issued for pre-purchased tickets. Reserved seating will be limited to 40% occupancy, with outdoor ticket holders re-seated in a comparable location for maximum distancing.Protocols include temperature checks, face coverings and physical distancing. The release adds that safety measures will be strictly enforced and repeat offenders will be escorted from the property. Spectators will receive a bag with a disposable mask, hand sanitizer and a stylus for non-contact, self service betting. August 12, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditLOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Churchill Downs officials expect less than 23,000 fans will be able to attend next month’s rescheduled Kentucky Derby under an updated health and safety plan.The plan eliminates general admission and standing room only areas, with total capacity limited to less than 14% of the 2015 attendance record of 170,513. The 146th runnings of the Derby and Oaks for fillies were postponed from May 1-2 to Sept. 4-5 because of coronavirus concerns.Spectators were not allowed for Churchill Downs’ spring meet, but the track had stated in June that general admission would be limited to the 26-acre infield for the Derby.last_img read more