Born in Sydney, Fainu’s rapid rise through the NRL ranks has landed him at the forefront of discussions for both Tonga and the Kiwis.Another spanner was thrown into the works when the 20-year-old met with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler and declared an interest in playing State of Origin for the Blues.Fainu spent time with the Tongan squad ahead of the Pacific Test in June last season after representing the Junior Kiwis in 2017 on account of his mother’s heritage.He was selected for a Junior Kiwis’ squad in 2018 but did not play.The international tug of war is likely to come to a head before New Zealand host Tonga in Auckland on June 22.”I’m available for either Tonga or New Zealand but I’m unsure what I’m doing, even NSW if they want me,” Fainu told NRL.com.”It’s something I need to think about and make a decision soon. No one has approached me from either country, I haven’t got a call or anything like that but I’ll talk to my family and we’ll see.”My dad is Tongan and both my parents are supportive of my decision.”Making the case more intriguing for the Guildford junior is the influence of Tongan international Addin Fonua-Blake and Kiwi prop Martin Taupau on him at the Sea Eagles.Fainu admitted Fonua-Blake had been in his ear about committing to the Tongan side but that the Junior Kiwis experience had left him torn on his next decision.”Addin just said to me to follow my heart and do what’s best for me, he said only I can decide where I want to play,” Fainu said.”Junior Kiwis was great and I learnt a lot about my mother’s heritage and representing that side of my family.”Fainu has earned high praise since bursting onto the scene as a teenager at the Sea Eagles under former coach Trent Barrett last season.The Guildford product has scored three tries in seven appearances in 2019 and continues to put pressure on regular No.9 Api Koroisau at the Sea Eagles.His service at dummy half is even more impressive given he spent his junior days as a playmaker alongside rookie Cade Cust.”I had a couple of bad games in the 20s in a row and got benched, our coach thought he would use me at hooker and I haven’t looked back,” Fainu said.”I was nervous playing under Des this season. He comes across as very intimidating to everyone but he’s the opposite to us as players and a very good coach. Api there too he’s helped me transition at hooker a lot.” Photo NRL. Caption: Manly hooker Manase Fainu
The Pepes led 32-20 at half time and kept the tempo up, extending the lead to 46-26 at the end of the third quarter.The Pepes cruised home, scoring 14 more goals in the last quarter to win the match comfortably.In their first match, the Pepes beat hosts Singapore 44-43 last Sunday in a thriller.The Pepes will play 19th placed Botswana later this afternoon at 5pm (7pm PNG time).PHOTO CREDIT: Netball Singapore
Diego Pablo Simeone He went through a press conference after the victory of Atlético de Madrid against Levante on the 19th day of LaLiga. The coach valued the final stop of Oblak and insisted on the ten chances of the rojiblancos. João Félix’s lack of gasoline: “We should ask him. We see him integrated, with great enthusiasm. He is a different player than what we have and every time the ball passes through him we have a sense of danger. We need to find him much more and that he finds the spaces to have better solutions for the team. Today he had one in the first, two in the second and three with the one he had in the middle distance. The road he is following is the one we expected. “Lack of success: “We have to be more blunt. Football is blunt and if you don’t have it you are close to losing.”Oblak awards: “I’m not the one who decides who wins one prize or another. Nor would it be fair to talk about the other goalkeepers who have other teams but for us Oblak is the best goalkeeper in the world.”Morata’s offside: “He is doing a tremendous job of support, back play, second line arrival, assisting his teammates and working very well defensively. He has scored in the last League match and that is what we ask him to always work for the team and in the last three games scored two goals. “ Victory: “Complete match until the end we could solve it before with the goal situations we have generated, ten. In those situations that we could not be concrete. In the last minutes the great stop of Oblak was the title of Oblak saved the Atleti. The reality is that we would have closed the game if we had converted any of the goal situations we had. I say the headline because we forgot about the ten goal times that were not goals and luckily that Oblak saved us. He is the headline. “Oblak stop: “For our part, he is considered the best in the world. He is one of our captains and today he performed at the most important moment of the game. He had a good previous stop with his left hand in the 70’s but the last one is from a player who makes you to win games. Today he gave us the chance to take a game that we had to solve before. “
The club meets to discuss the future of the Extremaduran coachBartomeu has spoken with the technician in a meeting with unknowns Ernesto Valverde could be living his last hours as coach of Barcelona. After the elimination in the Spanish Supercup against Atlético de Madrid, the Blaugrana club has probed the end of the ‘Txingurri’ stage and is currently debating in the Board of Directors if it dismisses the coach. Photo: Reuters After a weekend in which the sports director, Eric Abidal, and the entity’s CEO, Óscar Grau, met with Xavi Hernández in Qatar to ask about his availability to take up Valverde’s position (with a negative response by part of the former player, who trains Al Sadd and would prefer to wait at the end of the season), Josep Maria Bartomeu met Monday with the coach in a meeting that little is known. Between strong rumors, both left the Sports City of Barcelona without making statements. The coach left for his home and the president of Barça went to Camp Nou, where he has met his Board of Directors to address a possible dismissal that is not ruled out, much less, in the culé environment. In fact, Catalunya Ràdio He assured that, in the meeting between Bartomeu and Valverde, the president would have informed the coach that the club would be ready to begin the procedures for his dismissal with his representative.Although, along with Xavi’s, other names such as those of Ronald Koeman, Mauricio Pochettino or Francisco Javier García Pimienta have joined the Blaugrana club, since Can Barça there is still no substitute for taking over the Blaugrana ship if Valverde is finally fired. It would be another of the pending tasks for a directive that could give a rudder and execute a measure that had not been done in Barcelona for more than 15 years: changing technicians mid-season.
The Lazio of Simone Inzaghi lives a wonderful moment: the 5-1 endorsed at Sampdoria is the eleventh victory followed, improving the historical record of the club and increasing the illusion of the fans, who he dreams more and more about competing with Juventus (which they already knocked down twice in this course, in Serie A and Supercopa) and Inter for the scudetto. Luis Alberto, key man of the team, and Ciro Immobile were protagonists in the perfect afternoon of the capitals, who started with two more Spaniards: Jony in the left lane and Patric in defense. There was no reaction from the ‘doriani’, and at the beginning of the resumption the rain of goals continued: Bastos, in a play full of rebounds, signed 4-0, while with another maximum penalty (for another hand, this time very doubtful, from Colley) Immobile completed his hat-trick and continues to add incredible numbers. The Opta noted that Messi alone, in the last three seasons, scored more than one goal in a game more times than the Italian (21 against 18): the tip has 26 goals in 25 games of this courseor, 23 of which in Series A, threatening each day plus the Higuain record (36). Before those of Ranieri, who are fighting for salvation, there was practically no match. Caicedo opened the can after just seven minutes and then began the nth Immobile show, which finished the job between 17 ‘and 20’. The Neapolitan, first made a penalty (awarded by a hand of Murru), and then took a long pass from Acerbi to penetrate the rival area, haggle the goal Audero and push the ball between sticks. In the last half hour, there was room for the blucerchiati’s honor goal (Linetty’s work), which however ended with ten for the direct red that Chabot saw, which knocked Adekanye down while she was heading towards the rival goal. Lazio avoided rage: on Tuesday he will play the pass to the semifinals of the Italian Cup in Naples and on Sunday he will play the derby with Rome. A decisive week for his season, which Inzaghi and his players approach with great enthusiasm. They are unstoppable.
Máximo Hernández Sánchez, former soccer player and former coach of Rayo Vallecano and Numancia in the First Division, died this Sunday in Madrid at the age of 74, due to complications from a disease he had suffered for a long time.Máximo Hernández began his professional career as a footballer for Rayo, where he was from 1965 to 1968, until he left for Celta de Vigo. In 1970 he started a two-season stage at Sporting de Gijón before returning to Vallecas to hang up his boots in 1974. As coach he directed numerous teams, although in the highest category he only did so with Rayo Vallecano (1997) and Numancia (2004-2005). He finished his career at Albacete, in Segunda, in 2009.At Rayo Vallecano he also worked as a technical secretary and as sports director. In 2014 he received a tribute from the Veterans Association of the Madrid club.
The candidate for the presidency of the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) Iker Casillas has suggested that the season postponed by the coronavirus pandemic could resume in “3 or 4 months” and end in December, being played in a “calendar year”, in order to adapt to the 2022 Qatar World Cup, to be held in November.“How do you solve the dates of European football? Do you cancel the season? Do you take the competition to a calendar year? That is, if everything goes well in 3-4 months, play the remainder and put cup and Champions League and European finals League in December. The next World Cup is in November 2022. Settings “, he noted in his official Twitter account. How do you solve the dates of European football? Do you cancel season? Do you take the competition to a calendar year? That is, if everything goes well in 3-4 months, play the remainder and put the cup and CL and EL finals in December. The next @FIFAWorldCup it is on NOV 2022. Adjustments. 🧐– Iker Casillas (@IkerCasillas) April 5, 2020On February 17, Casillas announced that he would run for the presidential elections of the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) scheduled for this 2020 and in which he will compete, at least, with the current president of that body, Luis Rubiales .The Madrid goalkeeper clarified that he informed his current club, Porto, of his decision, which is part of his coaching staff after the myocardial infarction he suffered on May 1 during training.
Go making the call … And count on me !! 😉– Andrés Iniesta (@ andresiniesta8) April 6, 2020Concerned about SpainThe manchego, who is in Japan, is “at home as practically everyone “, although in the Asian country” there is more or less a situation different, with a somewhat controlled calm. “” In sports, the 23 February we played the first day of the league and we have not returned to play more. Yes we have continued training and a week or so ago it was said that on May 9 the league would restart and now we have been eleven days in home doing our exercises and enjoying the family and children because they haven’t been to school for a month, “he said.The one from Fuentealbilla indicated that sees with some “anguish and concern” what is happening in Spain. “Here for example we have already been three months and people keep going out, even though cabbages and big events were canceled from minute one, “said Iniesta, who highlighted the peculiarities of “a different society” that make it “minimize pretty contagious things. “” There is a ‘calm’ situation because you don’t know if you can shoot it next week, “he warned. Iker Casillas has shown this Monday his desire to be able to play a Clásico in favor of those most in need when the coronavirus pandemic passes, bringing together the Real Madrid and FC Barcelona players “mythical from years ago”. Andrés Iniesta was the first footballer to join and support the ex-goalkeeper’s initiative.The man from Madrid pointed out this possibility in his official Twitter profile after responding to a tweet by Carles Puyol in which the Catalan in turn replied to one of Andrés Iniesta. The origin was one of LaLiga with a video about Xavi Hernández and how to watch him play was “delicious”.Vissel Kobe midfielder said it was even better to see Terrassa “5 meters every day”, while the former FC Barcelona captain stressed that it was almost more to see Xavi and La Mancha “a few meters behind”.And the latter found Casillas’ response. “It is funny but I had to see you against several times. And of course, please !! There has been everything but … what the hell. When all this nightmare passes, we should gather the mythical ones of years ago and play a Vintage Classic !! Collection for people in need “, wrote the Real Madrid exporter.The proposal is gathering strength and Andrés Iniesta was the first to join it: “Go make the call … And count on me !! “, wrote the player from La Mancha on social networks, who has assured hoping that we will overcome the crisis that arose with the coronavirus pandemic will be “a period apart in everyone’s life, not only in sports “.” I think that we should change ourselves in a good way, from the protocols of life with children. What this is teaching us is that it is not a matter of one but of everyone’s conscience, “Iniesta remarked in ‘El Partidazo de Movistar’.
However, both sides seem to have gotten closer again in the last days. Within the club, Neuer’s intention is, above all, to continue in Munich and the flexibility with which he is now dealing with negotiations.. “I think we both know what one means to the other,” were the words of Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, chairman of the board of directors, in this regard. “I am optimistic and I think we will end up finding a satisfactory solution for both parties and that Manuel will end up signing a new contract, “he concluded. Manuel Neuer will not be penalized for his tone departure in an interview, in which he blamed Bayern Munich for leaking details of the negotiations on its renewal to the press. Of course, as published by the German newspaper Bild this Wednesday, the German champion will not give his arm to twist in the salary question and will not raise the salary to the goalkeeper. Neuer would have asked to sign a new contract until 2025 and charge 20 kilos per year, something that the Bavarian cadre will not agree to, considering that the captain of Bayern and the Mannschaft is already 34 years old.